Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Unfortunately, the lady at the checkout counter at Aldi's "misplaced" my receipt. However, meat I bought on the 30th of January (I have a witness) is dated the 27th and they will not make good on it. I has an "off taste." i am not sure if it is the bad quality or the meat is tainted. In either case, I will not eat it.

Aldi

www.aldi.com

2080 Main Street

Batavia, IL 60510-7608

What Cost a Bargain?

On the 30th of January a friend of mine and I bought some food at Aldi's on G street in Philadelphia. It turned out to be the most expensive food I have ever bought in my life because I had to through almost all of it away: the canned salmon has a biter aftertaste, the "steaks" were tough, without flavor, chewy, past sale date, the tomatoes were like tasteless, red pasty ***, the romaine lettuce was bitter and rubbery (really!). The "French Roast" coffee (?) was barely drinkable, and I have not defrosted the fish. If it is not good, I shall report them to the appropriate authorities. I am going to report the meat to the USDA.

Fortunately, I have not been made sick. Unfortunately the place is too far away to make it worthwhile to return the trash for which I paid good money. What bothers me so much is that they take advantage of low-income folk (I am retired and live on almost nothing.) I think these "people" are the lowest of the low

All I can say it that I certainly will never shop there again and will tell everyone I know about my experience.

I do not want to wast what little time I have left on earth on such people. I am surprised, however, because I had excellent products from them in France but here, in the good old US of A they sell trash to people who have little choice. The French would never let them get away with it!

Do yourself a favor. My experience tells me to stay away in the future. It is telling that they do not list a telephone number or a place to register complaints.

An Aldi Phone 630.482.5244. I don't know what else it is for but it was for supplier contact

Please look into this company. I believe they are involved with deceptive market practices and know first hand they sell short dated or past dated merchandize.

Comments

Aldi has low quality, disgusting food. Go to Walmart. Period.

wtf