Update by user Oct 12

I sued and won the manager was fired and me and my family received an apology! Justice was served!

Original review posted by user Nov 29, 2015

Went to return a item that I bought last night.Turned out to be the wrong item decided to take it back today.

Walked in with the item under my arm while talking to the phone. Walked all the way around. Waited my turn in line, get to the cashier and she says you can return it because u stolen it. No I have a receipt for the item, I would like a refund.

Manager Joe was called and I explain the issue. I was told to leave the store. I called the police (they watched the video of the door only) and said that it doesn't should the item in your hand so I was never given a refund nor the item back. Police advise to take to small claims court.

But if I stole it why wasn't I arrested. Why should I have to sue for my money back for something that I bought. If my skin was a different color this would be a whole lot different.

I will never shop here again.And make sure no one I know will either that's a promise....

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of aldi grocery cashier from Aldi Grocery and attached photos and videos. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Aldi Grocery to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Aldi Grocery for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Aldi Grocery?

Comments

Batavia, Illinois, United States #1329055

It's true.Aldi does practice racism as well as anti-semitism.

While working there, I was instructed by my manager and on other occasions by my district manager to follow the "black" person in the store "because they are probably here to rip us off." I have a mixed family and was very offended by this. On numerous occasions I also would hear them put down people of the Hebrew faith.

Stuff like..."*** Jews, always trying to scam free stuff out of us".My store manager was a born again Christian and he asked me if I was Christian, I said "yes, I'm Catholic" he replies back "you're not a christian".

to Ex Aldi employee Trafford, Pennsylvania, United States #1356178

I am sorry, but I am gonna call bull *** here.

I have been at Aldi's for over 20 years. In that length of time I never practiced that at all. Every District MGR I ever talked to has been very kind.

So I am just spit balling here, I think maybe you got fired and your just hostile.

to Anonymous #1378135

So you should know they will not compensate for BS.I sued and won.

So no there's no BS here this is as real as it gets....

Period!#Staywoke

Madison Heights, Virginia, United States #1260522

Wow...we just got an Aldi's & I love it!!They (ours anyway) have better prices than Wallyworld.

Unfortunately, people are people...& *** comes in all colors!! Maybe they had a problem with other black males? I hope & pray it wasn't racism. If it was, then that guy will be held accountable on judgement day!!

I wouldn't want to be him, Trust.

I am sorry for your experience, that was way, way, WAY Wrong!!God Bless You Brother.

Normally when people bring "returns" into a store,

the unwanted items are in a bag, not hidden under one's arm. Also, people making legitimate returns do not throw temper tantrums at the register, initiate profanity-laden tirades with store management, get thrown out of the store, or require the police to be called. In this case, either the item was indeed stolen, OR the individual simply has no clue how to conduct oneself appropriately in public, OR perhaps both.

Its ridiculous that every time something happens you wanna throw the race card .people are so sick of it every time y'all don't get your way get a life.go to work and stop blaming every body else for your issues.

to Anonymous Madison Heights, Virginia, United States #1260524

Really??I am white.

Probably, whiter than you, I've seen it up close and personal. We went to a store in Pasadena, California which generally is not racist. We were followed, both of us, every step we took. That *** manager lost a lot of business that day.

My black friend was loaded!It was ridiculous, I had never seen racism like that and I hope I never see it again but it does exist and that is pathetic.

anquellaj

Goodnight to all you and your user names thanks for all the comments!

anquellaj

Believe what you may. And stay blessed:)

to anquellaj #1260526