Cheltenham, Victoria County

I purchased a bag of potatoes from Aldi and I am so pissed off !! When I started peeling them a strong smell of chemicals filled my nostrils, when I smelt the peeled potatoe I could not detect ANY POTATOE SMELL.

And to top it off every one of I peeled had brown spots covering them all over. The chemicals used on vegetables are poisonous & carcinogenic, it's bad enough having to eat normal vegetables the uncaring growers provide but when it's an overload, that should be criminal !!!!

Shame on Aldi, shame on the growers !!!!!

Shame on the Government departments and the lying, money hungry FDA who are supposed to protect our health. I'M SO UPSET !!!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of produce. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of potatoes and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5. Aldi Grocery needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned potatoes in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Aldi Grocery.

Comments

I also had the same problem the potatoes spoiled in a few days. The ones at the store already spoiled too.

I purchased a bag of potatoes from Martlesham Tesco - they looked fine however once cooked they gave off a weird smell of chemicals and were totally inedible.

Delavan, Wisconsin, United States #1271875

Sadly, this just happened to me, too. I was peeling fresh potatoes purchased from Aldi - I bought the baking potatoes for potato soup.

I kept smelling this chemical as I was peeling them... and thought it must be something on my hands. I washed my hands and kept peeling. Well, after soup was done I could taste some chemical!

It was for a large group of people and I had no other choice but to serve it - fortunately after putting some cream cheese in the soup it masked the taste, but still, I have no idea what we ate that night. :(

London, London, United Kingdom #1203042

I had same issue left potatoes for couple of days stinked my whole kitchen cupboard, this is a known issue of their potatoes as so many complaints have been online. Never buy potatoes from aldi

What poisonous & carcinogenic chemical was used? I have never been able to tell if a chemical is a banned chemical or not just by the smell.

That's why I've started growing all my own vegetables.

That is so true some bags of their potatoes smell like sweaty feet really bad.