Phoenix, Arizona
1.7K views

I need advice... so I took a comment I made one someone else's post and made my own... I did some revisions for this post but here it is:

I don't even know where to start on this, or if anyone will ever read it... I have worked for Aldi about 3yrs now, started as a cashier and am now head SAM (Shift Assistant Manager). Our store is located in Oklahoma.

This past year our division changed and things changed. We were left with only 4 employees to run the store, each of us working 80+ hrs each week, with no breaks or lunches and no days off, we did this from August until the middle of October before they hired a part-time cashier to help replace the ones that quit. The DM cracked jokes about how tired we looked, or he would laugh about how long we had been there that day or week. We had 3 people leave us the end of July and it took them that long to decide to hire someone else... Our DM this past December sat us down individually and told us our yearly raise of .50 was going to be broken up into .25 cents and the other .25 cents was to be put into a bonus check according to the SAM hours worked between certain dates in 2010. He showed each of us the amount we were receiving... we were told we would see the .25 cents start on Jan. 3, 2011 and the bonus check will be issued Jan. 21, 2011. January 21st came and went no check… so we all figured the checks would come the following Friday… that came and went too and no checks. I called our new DM and ask when we were getting our bonus checks... he didn't know anything about them, come to find out the DM we had (he is now in the Dallas area) told not only our store SAM's this but also the other Oklahoma stores the same thing... no one got their bonus checks and we are not getting the other .25 cents that is normally given in raises each year. One of our SAMS has already left and this is only a couple of the things that are happening right now... I don't know what to do about it.

All of us were expecting our bonus checks, and because of that each of us spent money before the checks were supposed to be delivered. Now we are all trying to get back on track financially...not fun!! But what does one do?? Sue the company and fear loosing a job??

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Manager.

Comments

#619633

Manager work on Cashier Pay, this place is EVIL. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :upset :upset :upset :cry :x

they should chang the name for aldi to underpaid u do six people work and u get paid for one :( :( :( :( :cry :cry :cry

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( that alid for u

All I can say is bring your concerns higher. The Dm has how many stores.

You are only worried about yours.

AMS suggests you can go to your Director of opperations if your District Manager does not seem to see the fustration at the store. Anyway it's a good thing you are paid hourly I would hate to be the salary manager at your store.

in all fairness though, why would you spend money that is not in your bank account? I would never spend my bonus check before it is in hand!

RE the hours, no breaks, etc.. you need to find out your state's labor laws if you want to file a complaint.

Here in FL there are no "rules" for adults over 18 to get a break, but if we dont get a break it must be paid..ie, compensated for all hours worked. Also, you can usually sue for back pay if you have not received overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a week.

@hmm

Federal law is a minimum 30 minute break if you work over 6 hours.

Well, I just have to say... the bonus check promised to everyone was "forgotten" and not talked of.

Yes, that is pretty *** but this supports my family and I don't know what to do.

But on another note... I will have to say our store is clean, we are not rude, and are willing to stand and wait on our customers when needing to move pallets. We are willing to take you to the product you can not find. There are so many of our customers that bring us treats like cookies, brownies to say thank you for all of our work and extra time we put in for them.

I know a few have even written complaints to upper management for the way we have been treated. What is sad, the customers notice... I don't know if upper management realizes this, but when customers notice, that is bad. I have had many of them threaten to not shop there because of they way we are treated, that is sad.

I don't believe upper judgement cares... forgive me if I am wrong, but if they did... I know alot would surely be changed.

Some day I pray it is better... until then, I am not sure what to do??

ater 15 years of working for this company i can tell you there are alot of rules they use only with its in their favor. this company is evil. the place is filthy and not enough people to clean anything up.

And people say Wal-Mart is bad. Geez!

Aldi Grocery Reviews