Radcliff, Kentucky

I recently purchased two bags of Season's Choice shredded Hash Brown Potatoes from the Aldi's store in Elizabethtown, Ky. Upon opening the first bag, I was greeted by the smell of decaying potatoes.

When cooking, they gave off a strong smell of urine. We were unable to eat them, as they tasted as bad as they smelled. The expiration date on both bags was the same as the day I bought them.

I did not bother to open the second bag, I deposited them directly in the trash along with the unused portion in the first one. I will purchase no more Season's Choice shredded Hash Brown Potatoes from Aldi's.

Comments

I'm eating Mesquite marinated pork tenderloin from Aldi right now and it's daaamn, daaaamn, daaaaaamn good. I'm enjoying it as I write this, accompanied with a simple traditional Greek cucumber, tomato, and onion salad with good feta cheese (imported) on the side

I guess you forgot about Aldi's money-back guarantee. All you had to do is tell an Aldi manager. I had to return 2 of their products and they were very gracious and apologetic.

This is how it was prepared:

I cut 3 slices and seasoned them liberally on both sides with salt, lemon pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. I then pan fried them in olive oil with a bay leaf added to the skillet for good measure. After they were done frying I squeezed lemon juice over them for that extra pop.

You ate something that smelled bad and smelled like urine when you cooked it. Yeah right I am sure there was nothing wrong with the food, you are just trying to get your money back because you need a beer because your food stamps ran out.

it is beyond me that you would cook or attempt to eat a product you claim smelled of urine. Take advantage of Aldi's return policy.

Bring the open package. They'll give you your money AND a new product.

If they smelled like rotten potatoes why did you even cook or try to EAT THEM? You must be really ***.

Also ALL GROCERY STORES ARE REQUIRED TO GIVE YOU MONEY BACK FOR BAD QUALITY PRODUCTS!

Learn to use the system before you post *** like this. It needs to be brought to the attention of the company...not the attention of the internet.

It's important no matter where you buy your food from that the bad food is brought to their attention, regardless of fault. Sometimes a store is supplied with food that is bad, but unless someone says something, the problem cannot be corrected.

You'd better bring in the product as well. Most stores want you to bring this in, in order to prove you didn't just consume it then say "oh, I think I'll take advantage of their 100% satisfaction" policy.

They will give your money back and new product too. :zzz

Aldi Grocery Reviews