Chicago, Illinois

I just left Aldi where I was charged twice for a dozen eggs - once at the beginning of the list and once at the end. Plus my eggs were placed in the cart with all of my other items and I had to look for them.

At other grocery stores, my eggs are usually kept out and placed in the top part of the cart where they can't get cracked. It really bugs me that 1) I was charged twice - We go to Aldi to SAVE money and 2) the cashier carelessly placed my eggs in the back of the cart.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Cashier.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Place your eggs on the belt last, if they aren't there till the end they will end up on top when the cashier has finished ringing you up.

Picky, picky, picky. If you are so worried about your eggs, why don't you ask the clerk to let you hold them once they are rung up.

You do realize that all those little "niceties" are what run up the labor costs of groceries don't you? Aldi's offers reasonable treatment and food, but will not give you princess treatment for your eggs.

Did you ask or get a refund on the overcharge?

Aldi Grocery Reviews