4580 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22304, USA

I thought my usual Aldi haul was higher than normal, even when I was standing there at checkout. There was another Aldi employee standing behind me in line distracting her with some inside joke banter.

I checked me receipt after I drove away from the parking lot and noticed the cashier had charged me SEVEN TIMES for one item and twice for another, totalling about $33.

I turned car around and walked back in. Since Aldi doesnt have a customer service desk, I walked directly up to the same cashier and waited until she was done with current check out. She made eye contact with me and I said "you over charged me 6 times for this item and once for this." She ROLLED HER EYES and said "can you give me the item". I had to unpack my entire bag of groceries ON THE FLOOR even after I said can't you go GET the item and she wondered around the frozen section looking for one of the items as customers were waiting.

I then had to submit THREE times on the official aldi website because the first time the form said my iphone photos of the receipt were too big and I couldnt delete them, the second time it said my submission looked like spam and it was blocked.

Then I realized there was another item she over charged me for. Aldi still owes me $3.

I now suspect that this was on purpose, hoping I wouldnt notice, and she and the other cashier pocketed the money.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments