Chicago, Illinois

Shopped at Aldi in Evanston, IL on September 17, 2015. Bought over $50 worth of groceries.

The cashier was the worse and rudest and disgusting employee I have ever met in my whole life. I am 32 years old and don't like to shop, period. But when I am called m'aam for everything, I took out my money and she said m'aam, I pushed my cart next to her it was m'aam, I just looked the other way m'aam. I am actually from the south and respect my elders.

She did this to me and the woman in front of me. After my turn, the woman in back of me didn't get m'aam because she is Spanish and that's what Jacqueline was. Store was empty and I saw them talking and and talking and talking. Customer after this woman and again Jacqueline was at it again.

Aldi is OK but I will pay a little more money and shop elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Cashier.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aldi Grocery Cons: Extremely rude cashier, Jacqueline.

Comments

So what exactly did you want her to call you? Sir?

Lady? Hey you? Did you introduce yourself to her when you walked up and expected her to call you by your name?

I'm from the South as well and I'm at a loss as to how calling you ma'am could in any way be offensive (unless you are a male). In fact, in the South, it is expected that if you don't know someones name you address them as Sir or Ma'am as a sign of respect...if their momma raised them right, anyway.

So "ma'am" is now offensive? Are you retarded?

Hey *** what's the problem? I'm 35 years old so you better respect me since I'm older than you. Hey, at least I didn't call you ma'am!

Tedi

First of all as CEO of Aldi Grocery I would like to apologize for the cashier's behavior. I have not sent a notice to all the store managers about this unruly behavior and now all employees are hereby to call any woman shopping in the store "babe" and any male shopping in the store should be addressed as "dude" of "punk"

Tedi
@Tedi

PS anyone else that does not abide by these new rules will be either beheaded or fired or both depending on my mood.

This complaint makes no sense. The cashier politely addressed the customer as "Ma'am" an now she is pissed. Maybe she should have said Hey Shitferbrains@

So I'm at a loss what was the problem? If you are from the south being called Ma'am is a sign of respect did you ever think maybe she didn't address the other woman as ma'am because she knew her personally

Quanasia

How exactly is it rude to call people ma'am. Let me guess she stole your boyfriend and you are causing trouble for her.

Aldi Grocery Reviews