Went to return a item that I bought last night.Turned out to be the wrong item decided to take it back today.

Walked in with the item under my arm while talking to the phone. Walked all the way around. Waited my turn in line, get to the cashier and she says you can return it because u stolen it. No I have a receipt for the item, I would like a refund.

Manager Joe was called and I explain the issue. I was told to leave the store. I called the police (they watched the video of the door only) and said that it doesn't should the item in your hand so I was never given a refund nor the item back. Police advise to take to small claims court.

But if I stole it why wasn't I arrested. Why should I have to sue for my money back for something that I bought. If my skin was a different color this would be a whole lot different.

I will never shop here again.And make sure no one I know will either that's a promise....

Review about: Aldi Grocery Return Policy.

Review #742070 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Aldi Grocery Cashier
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Aldi Grocery?

Comments

Ex Aldi employee
Batavia, Illinois, United States #1329055

It's true.Aldi does practice racism as well as anti-semitism.

While working there, I was instructed by my manager and on other occasions by my district manager to follow the "black" person in the store "because they are probably here to rip us off." I have a mixed family and was very offended by this. On numerous occasions I also would hear them put down people of the Hebrew faith.

Stuff like..."*** Jews, always trying to scam free stuff out of us".My store manager was a born again Christian and he asked me if I was Christian, I said "yes, I'm Catholic" he replies back "you're not a christian".

Melissa Vargas
Madison Heights, Virginia, United States #1260522

Wow...we just got an Aldi's & I love it!!They (ours anyway) have better prices than Wallyworld.

Unfortunately, people are people...& *** comes in all colors!! Maybe they had a problem with other black males? I hope & pray it wasn't racism. If it was, then that guy will be held accountable on judgement day!!

I wouldn't want to be him, Trust.

I am sorry for your experience, that was way, way, WAY Wrong!!God Bless You Brother.

Normally when people bring "returns" into a store,

the unwanted items are in a bag, not hidden under one's arm. Also, people making legitimate returns do not throw temper tantrums at the register, initiate profanity-laden tirades with store management, get thrown out of the store, or require the police to be called. In this case, either the item was indeed stolen, OR the individual simply has no clue how to conduct oneself appropriately in public, OR perhaps both.

Its ridiculous that every time something happens you wanna throw the race card .people are so sick of it every time y'all don't get your way get a life.go to work and stop blaming every body else for your issues.

Melissa Vargas
to Anonymous Madison Heights, Virginia, United States #1260524

Really??I am white.

Probably, whiter than you, I've seen it up close and personal. We went to a store in Pasadena, California which generally is not racist. We were followed, both of us, every step we took. That *** manager lost a lot of business that day.

My black friend was loaded!It was ridiculous, I had never seen racism like that and I hope I never see it again but it does exist and that is pathetic.

anquellaj

Goodnight to all you and your user names thanks for all the comments!

anquellaj

Believe what you may. And stay blessed:)

to anquellaj #1260526

anquella...Baby, I wouldn't "bless" these freaky folk!! They have

Do you understand how badly you handled the situation?You don't whip out a camera to videotape and harass people that are just doing their job.

maybe they didn't handle it the right way either but I can imagine they probably get lots of people that try to steal from the store on a regular basis and they were just being cautious. Believe me when I say A LOT of people try to steal at ALDI because they think the employees are dumb. No, we are most certainly not dumb. Next time -at any store- go to a cashier and ask them where you can return an item.

They might tell you to get in line but that way they see you with the item. You were probably not arrested because th managers at ALDI actually resort to that last and only with habitual shoplifters.

If this was your "first offense" it's considered your "warning".Even though you were obviously a *** to this joe guy he didn't file charges on you and that's why you were let go.

to Anonymous #1072539

Were you there?No.

When u walk in a store are you watched like a thief. Well guess what? It happens to me everyday. To be embarrassed and disrespected because Joe assumed, on all levels are wrong.

That's why it was recorded for proof of his behavior. What happen to the customer is always right.

This is a battle that will be taken to court.Like I said before we did nothing wrong, other than being black while requesting a refund.