Review about Aldi Grocery Return Policy from Saint Paul, Minnesota

Went to return a item that I bought last night.Turned out to be the wrong item decided to take it back today.

Walked in with the item under my arm while talking to the phone. Walked all the way around. Waited my turn in line, get to the cashier and she says you can return it because u stolen it. No I have a receipt for the item, I would like a refund.

Manager Joe was called and I explain the issue. I was told to leave the store. I called the police (they watched the video of the door only) and said that it doesn't should the item in your hand so I was never given a refund nor the item back. Police advise to take to small claims court.

But if I stole it why wasn't I arrested. Why should I have to sue for my money back for something that I bought. If my skin was a different color this would be a whole lot different.

I will never shop here again.And make sure no one I know will either that's a promise....

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Aldi Grocery Return Policy
Review category
Supermarkets and Malls
review #742070 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Aldi Grocery? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 19 #1147034

Normally when people bring "returns" into a store,
the unwanted items are in a bag, not hidden under one's arm. Also, people making legitimate returns do not throw temper tantrums at the register, initiate profanity-laden tirades with store management, get thrown out of the store, or require the police to be called. In this case, either the item was indeed stolen, OR the individual simply has no clue how to conduct oneself appropriately in public, OR perhaps both.

3 3 Reply

Dec 11, 2015 #1077221

Its ridiculous that every time something happens you wanna throw the race card .people are so sick of it every time y'all don't get your way get a life.go to work and stop blaming every body else for your issues.

2 4 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1073007

Goodnight to all you and your user names thanks for all the comments!

2 3 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1073003

Believe what you may. And stay blessed:)

1 2 Reply

Dec 01, 2015 #1072477

Do you understand how badly you handled the situation? You don't whip out a camera to videotape and harass people that are just doing their job. maybe they didn't handle it the right way either but I can imagine they probably get lots of people that try to steal from the store on a regular basis and they were just being cautious. Believe me when I say A LOT of people try to steal at ALDI because they think the employees are dumb. No, we are most certainly not dumb. Next time -at any store- go to a cashier and ask them where you can return an item. They might tell you to get in line but that way they see you with the item. You were probably not arrested because th managers at ALDI actually resort to that last and only with habitual shoplifters. If this was your "first offense" it's considered your "warning". Even though you were obviously a *** to this joe guy he didn't file charges on you and that's why you were let go.

3 3 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1072539

Were you there? No. When u walk in a store are you watched like a thief. Well guess what? It happens to me everyday. To be embarrassed and disrespected because Joe assumed, on all levels are wrong. That's why it was recorded for proof of his behavior. What happen to the customer is always right. This is a battle that will be taken to court. Like I said before we did nothing wrong, other than being black while requesting a refund.

5 5 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1072820

Nice, play the race card. You cannot just record someone and post their picture online without permission. When a customer does something wrong they are not right.

3 2 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1072888

Again we did nothing wrong, other than being black while requesting a refund. In what return policy does it says the item you are returning must be on camera. I know you will never know how it felt to be treated like we were. I've worked my whole life, everything I have I own, I give back to my community. At the end of the day I will never let this change who I am or what I believe in.
I call it how I see it....

3 4

Dec 03, 2015 #1073236

I am Mexican so yes, I know what it feels like to be watched vigilantly at stores because of the color of my skin so don't play the race card. This guy walked in and maybe he was in the right but his actions prove otherwise as he violated someone's right to privacy by videotaping him simply because he believed he was the victim in the situation. I was not there but I work at ALDI and I know how sneaky people can be (of all colors) so ALDI employees are trained to be cautious.

0 0 Reply

Jun 05 #1169201

I ve had the similar thing happen to me....I'm white.. So what now these stores discriminate against the white and the black people??... Heck I think they just take precautions to any human walking around with items tucked under their arm ,coat, etc! It's their job.
( my item was under my stroller, but I was very calm , showed receipt ( still not believed) then asked them to review their security tapes that showed me coming into the building and the box is clearly seen) 2 hours of wasted time but they ended up believing me and gave several apologies ( which was not needed as I should of known better, and thought about what I was doing lol)

0 0 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1072999 Virginia Beach, Virginia

Be careful she is calling everyone she disagrees with "racist". I actually feel sorry for her, like someone said she is the racist and cannot see past skin color. I know she won't admit to it, it is a shame. Maybe one day she will grow up and come to her senses. Until then I wish her the best of luck.

1 5 Reply

Dec 02, 2015 #1073010

If I did I would say that. Stop talking to yourself. Have you taken your meds today's? Cause your crazy GN

3 2 Reply

Dec 03, 2015 #1073384 Plover, Wisconsin

I did not see the posts, but I have seen many replies deleted. Makes her look guilty deleting her replies and their replies. I don't fall for the race thing. While I agree that she was mistreated this was not a race issue and I notice she deleted every reply that confirms this.

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Aldi Grocery. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Aldi Grocery.
Filing a new complaint about