Shavonne P Opk

I was double charged

Aldi Grocery - I was double charged
Explore video interviews
Advertisements

I use the self check out and finished ringing all my stuff right before 8 PM which is closing time at my Aldi. I ran one card it went through for $203.

I ran my second card it went through. I ran a third card it charged it but didnt fully charged it and then their payment machine froze. They could not get it to unfreeze and I was there until 9:30 PM an hour and a half past closing and finally they just switched my stuff over to the next register re-rang it and then ran my cards again this time I used two cards in cash and I was told that within 20 minutes I would receive a refund that was now 15 days ago And I still have not received a refund on any of my cards and they do not want to except responsibility. They have continuously told me that they have released the funds and to check with my bank.

The first one is an EBT purchase. The second is my cash app and I have the app for it so I can definitely see that theyve not released the funds. The third is my chime and I can also see on there that the funds have not been released or put their there because it would show it.

They just dont want to accept responsibility every time I speak to somebody they give me to somebody else on the phone and that person does not wanna accept responsibility either they have stopped emailing me, and at this point in time I have no idea how to receive any of my money back. I am struggling I have a child in the hospital and I need to get food at my house but thats not their responsibility.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Quality anc low cost
Cons:
  • No customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t use self checkout

Ibrahim C Wcr
map-marker New York, New York

Closed the store before time

If the store's hours are 8:30-9:00pm, then how can you close the store 10 minutes early? There are a lot of stores to go to. So, if I had known it would close at 8:50pm, I could have gone to another store. But now I've missed the other store too. This is unsatisfactory behavior.
Cons:
  • Store customer service unsatisfactory

User's recommendation: No recommendations

Diana G Kbb

| map-marker West Plains, Missouri

Resolved: Angry

Aldi Grocery - Angry
Updated by user Mar 22, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Just won't be back

Original review Feb 20, 2024
We had an employee come up to us and tell us to leave because of our service dog was not a service dog even though we have her vested showed the papers on her and it is against the law to ask or anything of an owner why the dog is a service dog and for one even if the animal is for an emotional support anxiety depression any of that does not mean it's not a service dog which this employee told us to leave the store that just because the dog is an emotional support dog it is not a registered service animal and she is we have papers and I want this taken care of the location was West plains Missouri Aldi store she was the manager of the store rude and disrespectful won a service animal is supposed to get somebody's attention if their owner is having any sort of issues happening to them so if this is not resolved we will not be back and I will blast this all over social media and I will get a lawyer and Sue for being kicked out of a store because of my service animal

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: If you have a service animal you'll be kicked out of the store hopefully they get this resolved because as of right now we will not be back the manager of the store was disrespectful and ask questions about my service animal which is against the law to and they're saying it's due to HIPAA well my dog is a registered service animal.

asd

Guest

You're a liar. I'm forwarding your post to Aldi corporate.

Guest

You yourself said the dog was an ESA. An ESA is *NOT* a service animal.

A service dog does not have ‘papers’. If you can’t shop without your pet, may I suggest home deliveries?

Guest

First, emotional support dogs are not service dogs. Second, having a vest and showing “papers” does not make it a service dog.

Neither are legally required. Third, you LIED about it being a service dog when in fact it was a pet (ESA, whatever), so they had every right to kick you out.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2490108

I have diabetes and interested in my dog becoming a SD. What was the cost and how does the dog help with diabetes?

Alice C Nbd

We are allowed to ask 2 questions. I'm speaking as a landlord.

1. Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? 2. What work or task has the dog been trained for?

If these 2 requirements are met than the store can't put you and your dog out. Your dog better be doing something to help you get around whether blind, in a wheel chair, picking up things for you, etc and not riding around in a grocery cart. A service dog is a second pair of hand. As for Emotional Support Animals, they aren't protected.

Too many fake ESAs. Owners lie so they don't have to give up their pets. Anyhow, the employee didn't handle this right and needs to be reported to Human Resources instead of coming here and complaining. We are allowed to ask 2 questions.

I'm speaking as a landlord. 1. Is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? 2.

What work or task has the dog been trained for? If these 2 requirements are met than the store can't put you and your dog out. Your dog better be doing something to help you get around whether blind, in a wheel chair, picking up things for you, etc and not riding around in a grocery cart. A service dog is a second pair of hand.

As for Emotional Support Animals, they aren't protected. Too many fake ESAs.

Guest

First of all, the vest And service dog collar can be purchased no questions asked. So people think they can “dress” there dog up.

There are no cards recognized designating a support dog or service dog. A support dog can be any pet. One is prescribed a support dog by a licensed physician for a certain mental health condition. They are NEVER allowed in stores, restaurants or businesses.

Support dogs are Not recognized by the ADA. A service dog is specifically trained for the owner’s disability. It is recognized by the ADA. It goes most places with the owner.

A business is permitted to ask is that a service dog? And what is the task it has been trained for? A service dog’s behavior is docile , stays close to the owner’s side and has no interest in others.

It sounds like the store knows you are scamming. You cannot even get your terminology straight.

Diana G Kbb
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2487439

First of all I have documented papers on this service dog and I can show them if necessary I ain't no damn scammer and if you ain't got nothing positive to say about my post don't post on it

Marcelline Syr
reply icon Replying to comment of Diana G Kbb

Public forum ANYONE CAN POST.

Guest

ESAs are not service animals nothing will change. Dogs and some miniature horses are the only service animals.

Your service animal must be well behaved. If is is jumping on people and not obeying your commands. They are well with in their rights to ask you to leave. Also, service dogs must be on the floor.

They can not ride in any carts. Unless there is a state law. Business can ask for proof of training or ask what function the dog serves. What they can not ask is what disability the holder has.

They can ask what the dog does, Also, you are 100% liable for any mess or damage the dog does, This 100% correct. Most places do not even ask, but they have a right to.

Again they can ask about training and what function the dog provides. Just not what your disability is.

View more comments (15)
Billijo Rah
map-marker Keyser, West Virginia

Refund

Aldi Grocery - Refund
Aldi Grocery - Refund - Image 2

I ordered through instacart for first time. Was very excited to learn from daughter about the service.

Food delivered, meat totally spoiled. After notifying instacart I was offeted a refund for the item which I felt was a great start but thats where it ended. Now I have to cancel appreciation dinner for my own customers and leaning toward never using Aldi nor instacart. I wish it had been handled differently.

Especially being an entrepreneur myself, Im aware they did not approximately compensate for this matter. It should have been choice between refund for the item, in addition to one of correct or greater quality OR compensation for full order amt if no replacement would be delivered.

Its destroyed my experience for both companies to where I cannot refer business to either. Ive lost more than the cost of the item for sure

User's recommendation: Do not shop with instacart nor Aldi

Guest

I hate Aldi. The store here is dirty, disorganized, crowded with stuff all over.

Disgusting! Their competitor, Lidl, is the total opposite. I love Instacart!!

I use the service all the time as I can no longer drive. It’s worth every penny and is cost effective.

Guest

Meat was not spoiled at all, just oxidation.

Guest

You didn’t have to cancel anything… all you had to do was run to the store and grab some meat yourself… drama queen

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2528462

The delivery driver prob did multiple deliveries in same area, meat wasn't stored properly , prob the delivery Co fault

Guest

Aldi in ohio always fresh.West Virginia could be different.

Guest

There is nothing wrong with that meat. It's oxidation.

Happens to beef all the time. Think about when you break raw hamburger apart.

It's red on outside but brown on inside for same reason. The brown portion you are seeing in your steak was against the packaging, lacking oxygen.

View more comments (5)
Resolved
Elaine M Nbh

| map-marker Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Resolved: Foreign matter in the canned salmon

Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 2
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 3
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 4
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 5
Updated by user May 10, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review May 10, 2024
Fragments of glass in the food. Your code didn't allow me to get back to this screen; this is my second try. Adding: pictures show before and after washing what was in the mouthful. It wasn't rock salt, nothing dissolved in water. The fragments were 6 larger pieces, the biggest 1/4" long, and multiple ground pieces. No slivers, all were rounded 'chunks'.
Loss:
Pros:
  • ---
Cons:
  • ---

Preferred solution: Nnnnn

Eric G Wjs

| map-marker Alexandria, Virginia

Racial Discrimination by an employee.

Aldi Grocery - Racial Discrimination by an employee.
Waldorf Maryland location. Was in line at check-out. Cashier put closed sign down in front of us so we went to another cashier. She immediately said next on 3. We are white couple and we were in a predominantly African American neighborhood but thought nothing of it at all, my wife and I Grew up in Baltimore! We go to Aldi every week but not this location. I have never seen such a blatant display of racism in my life. The cashier who checked us out said Welcome to Waldorf when he checked us out and I told him what she had done.

User's recommendation: Watch which Aldi you Choose

Tanya F Fbi

| map-marker New York, New York

Assaulted on line because of unorganized cash register

Aldi Grocery - Assaulted on line because of unorganized cash register

I got punched in my eye by a disgruntled customer who thought I skipped the line .My daughter ran off an I mentioned to the customer that I was right behind another customer.the customer before that confirm this.A police report was made and I went to the emergency room.So far no one from Aldi has reached out.Police officers was normally posted at this location but that day there was none.I also had my 5 year old daughter with autism who had to with ness this Trauma.I should feel safe shopping with my child and not assaulted over a line by some cold blooded customer.The security did nothing and both the daughter who assaulted me and the mother ran off right after.The security fail me and my safty and my childs safety.

Loss:

Preferred solution: An apology and compensation for lost work pain and suffering.The Trauma that me and my daughter experienced now linger as I’m always afraid of going back to that location and getting assaulted again

User's recommendation: Stay alert

Eric G Wjs

| map-marker Arlington, Virginia

Racial Discrimination by a employee at one of your locations.

Aldi Grocery - Racial Discrimination by a employee at one of your locations.

First off, we love Aldi and shop there every Wednesday at your Quarterfield Road location in Maryland.

While traveling home this past Saturday, May 4th at approximately 5:30 PM we stopped at your nearest location which was in Waldorf Maryland. We had only 5 items and when we approached the cashier, she held up the closed sign in front of us just after she had said Next on 3.

We moved to another line and again she said next on 3 taking a long line of customers.

We are a white couple who was in a predominately African American community, but that does not give anyone, especially a cashier representing your company, to outright show such disrespect and racism. When I spoke with the other cashier, a young African American man, about what had just happened, he shrugged it off and said Welcome to Waldorf.

We grew up in Baltimore and have never experienced anything like this in our lives.

There were only two. registers open and this location and did not have self check out, It is alarming and sad that, as a company, you can allow this type of behavior by your employees.

User's recommendation: Avoid Waldorf Aldi

Moksh Cru

| map-marker Forest City, North Carolina

There isn’t one excuse for my experience- PERIOD!

Ive always liked the variety and different products Aldi offers. Always been an entirely different spin on groceries, in a good way.

I bought some fresh chicken breasts PRE- marinated w/ tomatoes & whatever else theyd covered it with..thawed it out to cook- and couldnt even salvage one piece! It was nothing but FAT, the HEART (complete w/valves, ventricles & the other nasty bits) still intact. It was the most disgusting thing I think Ive ever seen & they thought someone could eat it?? Had it just been covered up w/meat I probably wouldve just let it go, but they cut it, pre-seasoned it and everything!

You cant tell me someone didnt notice it! And at $8.00(something), plus the time I took cooking it, to not be able to eat it - Im beyond mad and just disgusted- to be honest. I was getting on their website to write to them when I saw this, and people just need to be warned.

Im sure most Aldi shoppers are like myself and dont have time & money to waste on crap like this. Aldi should be ashamed, anyone working there knew better than this.

User's recommendation: Check their fresh meats before purchase

Patricia J Spe

| map-marker Mableton, Georgia

Poorly made over priced product.

Aldi Grocery - Poorly made over priced product.
Aldi Grocery - Poorly made over priced product. - Image 2
Aldi Grocery - Poorly made over priced product. - Image 3
Aldi Grocery - Poorly made over priced product. - Image 4
Bought via home delivery 2pks of Brie cheese...was very disappointed with the quality..(but delivery service &other products were great) The vrie however, did not hold up to normal baking method(not my 1st time (.. it all but disappeared on baking sheet ..but I figured well it's just for me maybe it tastes good anyway..WRONG!..had a terribly salty taste even with fresh strawberry jam on it.. I couldn't eat it..and I spent $16 bucks total for 2pks.. I won't by this brand again..but I will continue shopping aldi cause all other products were fine
Loss:
Pros:
  • Variety
Cons:
  • Unknown product

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't get this brie

Mani B Ptr

| map-marker Kansas City, Kansas

I have damaged vegetables yesterday I ordered from online

Aldi Grocery - I have damaged vegetables yesterday I ordered from online
Aldi Grocery - I have damaged vegetables yesterday I ordered from online - Image 2
Aldi Grocery - I have damaged vegetables yesterday I ordered from online - Image 3
I DoorDash my vegetables I ordered from online Aldi store is damaged I don't know what to do I always buy something from the store Aldi but this time the item is or vegetables is damaged
Elaine M Nbh

| map-marker Racine, Wisconsin

Foreign matter in the canned salmon

Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 2
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 3
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 4
Aldi Grocery - Foreign matter in the canned salmon - Image 5
Found glass fragments in the can about halfway down. Multiple pieces, 6 large, the rest are smaller. They did not dissolve in water so they aren't rock salt. I'll attach photos. Photo both before and after washing the pieces. I'm not sure if I swelled any, I stopped chewing when I hit the big piece.

User's recommendation: I never had this happen before.

Gerrit Tbu

| map-marker Derby, Connecticut

Question not on Web

Aldi Grocery - Question not on Web
I did not have a complaint I had a question about if the Aldi quarter holder was going to be restocked. I love mine and need a couple more. The customer service department could not answer my question. I AM NOT PISED..
Michaele Svv

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

When I called nobody at my service

Aldi Grocery - When I called nobody at my service
I just looking for help for an items to see if your any of the store have that items. When I called there is nobody pick up or redirected to the being.
Paul M Owp

| map-marker Menifee, California

Issues with store

Store #062. Denial of Bathroom to customer with medical issues that requires frequent urination holding is not possible due to diuretic.

I have been a customer for years and years going back to the East Coast stores.

I asked Rubin working the register.

He then, calls the manager over the store speaker system that I need to use the bathroom and I take a Diuretic! Over the SPEAKER SYSTEM THIS IS A VIOLATION OF HIPAA LAW!

The mgr ESSENCE comes and states the floor is wet from cleaning. I state my issues and she continues to deny. At this point my bladder is bursting and I really cannot hold my urine.

I stated this floor is going to be wet in a second if I can't use the bathroom. She states we can clean that up! Appalling and unprofessional. What a poor excuse for a manager.

She allegedly checked the bathroom and stated the floors were still wet, and they can't afford for me to slide. Well... I have gone to this store before and they have stated the same thing and when I just went the floors were dray as a bone in the desert!

I then had to rush out and run to the El Pollo Loco restaurant and by then I had successfully urinated in my underwear and seeping through my pants. How humiliating and disgusting.

I then returned to the store and asked for the mgrs name and the cashier associates name. I told them a formal complaint will be made and they violated HIPAA LAW. THIS MGR says POPPA law is for a medical pproblem,I then told her I have a medical problem why do you think I am taking a Diuretic. Never before in any grocery store or any establishment have I ever been refuse the bathroom.

I have even offered to buy items if allowed to use the facilities. They have always had compassion and empathy, something these two ALDI REPRESENTATIVE HAVE ZERO DEGREES OF! THESE TWO need to be reprimanded. I need some form of compensation for my emotional and physical harm and humiliation.

This is a very serious matter. I will take this to the next level of Aldi's is required all the way to the Presidents office. I am NOT fooling around. I shop here minimum 3x a week as I like fresh foods and need to eat healthy and the fruits and vegetables meet my budgetary & nutritional needs.

Should this mgr be on duty again I will walk out of the store as she has no compassion or empathy to Aldi Customers. Also, Her lack of concern to a customer in pain is appalling. This occurred before I came back and bought a few items that were extremely necessary...that register time stamped 7:53 so this event occured approximately 10 mins before? Don't hold me to that.

Mgr Essence stated I was raising my voice HA! What a joke. So let's role play... Your bladder is about to bust your need relief badly, and only a few feet away is the bathrooms.

This alleged store mgr is denying the use of the bathroom and continues to state that. Should I urinate on the floor in front of her she will gladly clean it up! What kind of people does Aldi hire? Now Do you in all honesty, placing your Aldi Bias aside believe that the person in need of a urinal doesn't have immense urgency and that urgency is spoken in a form of a very firm and direct voice?

Please spare me any attempts at defending this person named Mgr Essence.

She in no way attempted to solve a serious situation.

I am writing this from my car in wet underwear and pants full of urine. Thank you for your time and I look forward to a prompt response and solution to this offensive incident.

Pros:
  • Excellent products for lesser orices
Cons:
  • Comoassion
  • No empathy

Guest

A stranger working as a cashier can’t violate HIPAA. They are not trained to diagnose, treat or collect payment for your medical condition.

Aside from the fact that it was you that shared the information. That being said, they should have allowed you to use the restroom.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2523629

C'mon. They should not have announced over the intercom the customer takes a diuretic.

To the customer: you really should start wearing Depends. Don't be embarrassed, millions of people with bladder issues have to wear them.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2523845

BTW: have never heard of a grocery store not having public bathrooms. I too would take this to corporate.

It should not have happened. The fact that this Essence person was perfectly fine with you urinating in public all over the floor is insane.

Essence has no essence. She needs some professionalism and some customer service training.

View more comments (2)
Michael S Wre

Verified Reviewer

Staff refused to put toilet paper in restrooms or call some other staff members

Aldi Grocery - Staff refused to put toilet paper in restrooms or call some other staff members
Should not have to go buy toilet paper for my parents to use in the public restrooms here at the Lakewood Ranch store on university Sarasota Fl the customer load at the store is lite at this time on Sunday and cant get anybody to put toilet paper in any of the restrooms, staff seems to be to good to care for customers needs

Preferred solution: Staff training so this doesn’t happen again

User's recommendation: Customer service training and store maintenance management

Guest

Staff is limited and trying to keep a store running for more people than your parents. Your parent's needs do NOT supersede the needs of others in the store. If they can't hold their whatever, diaper them up or order their stuff in and keep them out of the way of other people trying to get stuff done.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2505853

Such an insensitive response.... something a parentless child would say.

If a store offers restrooms for patrons, they should be well maintained, period.

How would you like to use a restroom without tissue? Spend more time and energy on yourself, that didn't concern you.

View more comments (1)
Resolved
Zahid Ndw

| map-marker Fort Myers, Florida

Resolved: Possibly lost drivers license in store

Aldi Grocery - Possibly lost drivers license in store
Updated by user May 03, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. Issue was regarding a lost credit card and not being able to reach anyone at that particular store.

At any Aldi’s a customer is unable to call the store directly. Customer Service reached out and called the store and spoke with a cashier and after several hours I received an email from customer service stating a credit card was not found.

Original review Apr 03, 2024
I shop at ALDIs frequently so the quality of the products, the service and locations of stores is great; however, I thought I lost my drivers license and passport card at a store that was across town and customers are not able to reach anyone in the store and a corporate customer service number is not transparent. When customer service tried to reach the store there was no one answered the phone. This is not acceptable for something so important- could have had identity stolen and need license to drive and purchase items. Very disappointed that there wasnt a way to reach the store.

User's recommendation: Don’t try calling Aldi’s- there is no local number and no one to answer the phone anyways.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article