3.4
Layout of Store

I have been shopping at Aldi for years now, and I have experienced numerous locations. Many of them fail to offer produce that is fresh.

I always notice a little bit of mold on fruit and vegetables, and there always seems to be at least one rotten piece in the bags. For example, I recently purchased a seemingly good bag of sweet potatoes. When I got home, I noticed a wet stain in my vehicle and at the bottom of my bag.

It turned out that one was rotten and squashed at the bottom, and it's juice got all over the rest of my groceries. I understand that you can return items for a full discount and an exchange; however, I do not have time to run back to the store every time I have an issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Fresh Sweet Potatoe.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Low prices and availability of organic items.

I didn't like: Poor quality produce and congestion in the store.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 17, 2017.

Comments

I buy from Walmart and you know every now and then I get some bad produce myself. Hmmmm

to Anonymous #1598768

I was going to buy a cantaloupe from Wal-Mart that was on sale for a dollar but I changed my mind at the last minute and the girl told me that they didn't have very good produce there. I told her that I love cantaloupes and that I would gladly pay $3 or $4 for one if I knew that it was good but that every time I have gotten a cantaloupe from Wal-Mart that it was bad.

They are always real hard and look unappetizing. I would only want to take a chance on one of them if it was for free or like 5 cents are something.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1329732

Oddly enough, I was talking to a guy in a Kroger store yesterday while in the produce section and he said the same thing. He said he no longer will buy produce from Aldi because their produce is often substandard, as you indicated. I have also noticed they have "iffy" produce over the years almost as if they are selling "seconds." In any event, do as we do and shop elsewhere.