3.4

I have been shopping at Aldi for years now, and I have experienced numerous locations. Many of them fail to offer produce that is fresh.

I always notice a little bit of mold on fruit and vegetables, and there always seems to be at least one rotten piece in the bags. For example, I recently purchased a seemingly good bag of sweet potatoes. When I got home, I noticed a wet stain in my vehicle and at the bottom of my bag.

It turned out that one was rotten and squashed at the bottom, and it's juice got all over the rest of my groceries. I understand that you can return items for a full discount and an exchange; however, I do not have time to run back to the store every time I have an issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Fresh Sweet Potatoe.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Aldi Grocery Pros: Low prices and availability of organic items.

Aldi Grocery Cons: Poor quality produce and congestion in the store.

Comments

That's because Aldi usually runs three people in the store. One is on register and the other two each have to take care of half of the store by themselves.

Other companies have a person who can spend all of their time on produce and this results in the substandard produce being removed from display. At Aldi if you spend time doing that then the rest of the store will get destroyed and customers will complain about the meat being empty or cooler items being out of stock.

I agree.

I buy from Walmart and you know every now and then I get some bad produce myself. Hmmmm

@Anonymous

I was going to buy a cantaloupe from Wal-Mart that was on sale for a dollar but I changed my mind at the last minute and the girl told me that they didn't have very good produce there. I told her that I love cantaloupes and that I would gladly pay $3 or $4 for one if I knew that it was good but that every time I have gotten a cantaloupe from Wal-Mart that it was bad.

They are always real hard and look unappetizing. I would only want to take a chance on one of them if it was for free or like 5 cents are something.

Khai
@Why The *** Are You So Anonymous What Have You Got To Hide

You should not be calling grown women girls when you do not know the difference between are and or.

Machele

Oddly enough, I was talking to a guy in a Kroger store yesterday while in the produce section and he said the same thing. He said he no longer will buy produce from Aldi because their produce is often substandard, as you indicated. I have also noticed they have "iffy" produce over the years almost as if they are selling "seconds." In any event, do as we do and shop elsewhere.

Aldi Grocery Reviews