Rowlett, Texas

On 9/15/2015 I shopped at Aldis in Rowlett, TX. I needed some veggies which I usually go there for because the prices are the best.

Yesterday grape tomatoes were on sale for .69/pack so I purchased 4 packs. One plastic pack had a loose lid but I did not think that was a problem. I got into line and waited my turn but when I reached the cashier she immediately started talking about loose lids on tomatoes and eggs and how she had broken 7 eggs at an Aldis that was newly opened. I was trying to get the plastic tomato lid closed so the tomatoes would not spill.

The checker continued her comments on loose lids. I indicated that I had three bags and expected her to sit the tomatoes into one of my bags. She successfully checked out the first 3 cartons of tomatoes but ended up spilling the last pack on the filthy floor! She appeared to have done this deliberately and it really upset me.

I told her to stop because the loose tomatoes were flying everywhere while I was trying to pick them up. She then informed me that I could go get another pack if I wanted to but I said no because I did not want to have to go through the line again. In order to be fair I have to say that this checker usually is very friendly and we have no problems. Yesterday was different so maybe she was just having a bad day.

Anyway, I will be very careful about who checks out my groceries at the Rowlett, TX Aldis in the future.

Thanks. Anna Schnell

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Cashier.

Aldi Grocery Cons: Way the checker acted.

Comments