3.8K views

I went for the first and last time to Aldi grocery store. I was shocked to find that you have to rent a shopping cart. Pay for Bags and Bag your own groceries.

I Did not see it posted anywhere that they did not take checks. Yet I asked before the cashier finished ringing my purchase as checks is all that I happened to have with me. ( Keep in Mind that the cashiers have a stool to sit on and all they do for you is ring up your purchase.) They said no it was cash or credit only. I said I was sorry but I could not make the purchase as I did not have either with me. The cashier then looked at me and said.... Then you need to get your stuff off my counter!

I was Flabbergasted I just looked at him and told him to have a nice day as I turned and walked out. I Will Not Be Back.

Review about: Aldi Grocery Cashier.

Had an Experience with Aldi Grocery?

Comments

adfadsf

Well you do need to get your stuff off the counter, she does have other people to serve you know.

I found them to be extremely rude and violent nature some of them are quite abusive.Lot of them can't even speak in proper English.

They are more like bullies and idiots.

I had number of similar experience at Bankstown, Hurstville and Rockdale stores in Sydney.

What do accept Aldi's pays in peanuts and we get monkeys’ to serve.Send them back to manner school and get them to improve their command on English.

If you love to see monkeys then go the Aldi the Monkey’s Haven

Aldi is German and we do things a little differently in Europe. Perhaps stick to your Food Lions or Krogers?!

to Anonymous #1353573

Of course. No need to be so rude and abrupt though right?

Well first off you rent a car raise with 25 cents and they give it back at the end of the trip it's 25 cents not the end of the world and they're environmental friendly which is why u rent the cart and they're no bags other then environmental safe bags seriously do more research before u disrespect the company as a whole...just because you had one bad employee who I'm sure would've gotten fired if they were seen acting in such a manner to any customer...

try a new one before u get discouraged just don't bring checks like I said environmental friendly they don't except checks because the use of paper and it's better for there company it's too bad not everyone has the same mentality otherwise it would be a much better world...but I can say to you don't dis the company over one first bad experience at Aldi's try a different one or try a different employee and you'll see a much better result Aldi's prides themselves of there customers and any employee that has an issue with such gets terminated...

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #915670

I just have to throw this in here: I KNOW many of us are hypersensitive to perceived rudeness because of what people have done to us in our childhood.We need to forgive them, realizing that all of us are only human.

AND, here is the perfect way to deal with rudeness: Matthew 18:15 -- FIRST, TELL the person to their face why they are rude, and they may apologize! If not, at least they know you don't appreciate their behavior.

Also, logically, why should you let a rude person bother you one bit? You are not the one at fault. He or she is.

Why should you give them the satisfaction of bothering you?

And why should you lower yourself to their level by being rude back?'Pushy' did exactly the right thing by telling them to have a nice day!

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States #915552

It would have been nice if the cashier would have offered to help you put your stuff back in your cart, and said something like 'Sorry about this, please come back and visit us'.That would have been by FAR the best thing for them to have done, and may have gained them another customer.

Rudeness never pays.

I recently was a little flabbergasted too when a cashier started putting someone else's stuff in my cart (I only had two items) before I even had a chance to pick them up.

She handed me my change with one hand and started throwing the other person's items in the same cart with mine before I could even put my change in my pocket!But after reading some horror stories from employees about how fast aldi expects to cashiers to ring stuff up, I think we can cut them some slack, even if they are a little rude.

For my personal opinion you are just one of those customers who want it all. I think you are making a big deal out of pretty much nothing. Sure enough they will be just fine without someone like you

Dallas, Texas, United States #784414

I shop at Aldi pretty much exclusively.Every store I've been to has payment methods accepted stickered on the front door, but it's not a huge sign, and I've seen it happen a few times that someone understandably misses this info and gets to the counter with a check or credit card they can't use.

At that point the cashier can either handle the situation tactfully or be a ***; sorry yours chose to be a ***- I'm sure the manager would've liked to hear about that.

I hope you don't let the actions of one *** employee turn you off to the store forever though, because their prices are unbeatable.Also protip- you can easily avoid ever buying bags by just using their empty boxes for your groceries.

Sparkill, New York, United States #689593

aldi workers are not rude someone is cheater