Evansville, Indiana
4.1K views

I went for the first and last time to Aldi grocery store. I was shocked to find that you have to rent a shopping cart. Pay for Bags and Bag your own groceries.

I Did not see it posted anywhere that they did not take checks. Yet I asked before the cashier finished ringing my purchase as checks is all that I happened to have with me. ( Keep in Mind that the cashiers have a stool to sit on and all they do for you is ring up your purchase.) They said no it was cash or credit only. I said I was sorry but I could not make the purchase as I did not have either with me. The cashier then looked at me and said.... Then you need to get your stuff off my counter!

I was Flabbergasted I just looked at him and told him to have a nice day as I turned and walked out. I Will Not Be Back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Cashier.

Comments

You do not rent carts at Aldis. You temporarily deposit a quarter into a slot in the cart you are using.

When you place the cart back into the ***, you get that same quarter back. This is part of their cost saving measures so they don't have to have hire someone to retrieve carts all day long. Aldis may not take checks, but they do take debit cards as if they were cash. I have checks from three years ago because, honestly, between the debit card and online bill pay, checks are mostly superfluous.

Also, I may have been at every Aldis in the greater Buffalo NY area and have never once met a rude employee... more than one rude customer, but never a rude employee.

I am not saying there are none... just that they seem to be the exception, not the rule, at least in Western New York.

You are receiving an enormous discount on food by shopping at Aldi. Complaining about bagging your own food only goes to show how lazy you are as human.

Where do you get off!; thinking that food you eat should not only get harvested by some of the most hard working individuals in the world, then delivered by people that literally work their hands to the bone to deliver the food to grocery stores, then you want other people to bag your groceries... most customers are the people that hold lines up because they sit there in lala land while we are scanning at record times to help you move along. In the mean time why dont you get your money out and not stand around. Seriously, life is short so do what you can to help each other like preparing your money for a transaction-knowing there are peoople behind you= and you arent number one.

CONSIDER PEOPLE AND THE LUXURIES YOU HAVE AND THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS! commenter number one...you are appreciated.

I had a very bad experience at Aldi (Inkerman) today (11-12, Sun 27 Nov). The manager was very rude and unprofessional not only to customers but to the employees.

In addition I found that the item that was incorrectly priced was missing from my shopping bag...

Should select carefully who is employed, different cultures result in shocking experiences, I saw the guy exercising his power, he was very unprofessional and did not care to tell his name, but is of indian/pakistani origin with the thin mustashes. Very pity!!!

Rude and unfriendly staff/workers in the Ft. Smith Arkansas store.

The cashier rolled her eyes at me bc she had to stretch her fat *** from her seat to put my groceries in the cart. The manager kept walking away while I was trying to ask a question and answered with a rude and ur bothering me kind of tone. I will never go there again and will tell everyone that will listen not to go there. Food maybe cheap but friendly customer service is priceless.

Going back to walmart. I hate Aldi!

#371976

I love aldis I go to the one in middletown ny and the cashiers are wonderful and they make your whole day I wish all supermarkets had such great employees

Who uses a check in this day and age anyway? U should have asked before you even started to shop.

Aldi is a dicount store and is able to keep the prices low by not having all the extra frills. The store also encourages people to be green by bring their own bags. This is how shopping in Europe has always been done.

You sound like a spoiled brat. Grow up.

I shopped at the piggly wiggly and there prices are high and they treat the employees like ***.You Have to wait for big loads of carts there too. Aldie employees have to stock shelves,check,and alot of other things and they are always nice to me. But I try to smile.

i have always shopped aldis and to date i have never had a bad experince shopping there.employes are really nice people :)

I don't actually shop at aldi but I have heard from many employees who post their ideas online that they don't receive breaks when the store is busy. They barely get lunch breaks and they have unrealistic goals set for the 4 people on shift per day. Although u pay for bags and bag ur own groceries ,I believe its to get people n and out due to the fact their r normally only two cashiers at a time.

I wish all stores had a cart deposit. I am sick of stray carts in the parking lot because people are too damned lazy to walk 50 feet to the cart corral. And I would be willing to bet this person, Pushy4u, is one of them.

I stopped at aldies recently to purchase 3 items. When I went to check out my 3 items, I discovered 2 ladies with carts piled so high I don't know how they kept from falling off the cart.

Plus there were 3 more smaller carts waiting to check out.Since they only have one person at a register, I decided to leave my items there, as I was exiting the store the clerk screamed at me to go to Walmart.

Thankfully we have other grogery stores where I now can shop, and I will not return to the Aldies store in Clarion, again . :cry

Un satisfied customer. I shop there once every week. I like to buy a lot of groceries in bulks most of time for my business. this is like the 4th time. the store needs to keep their stocks on hand according to my purchases and other customers purchases. Every business needs happy satisfied Customers. Unfortunately, this Brand NEW store is not setting their STANDARDS. Please re-train the Manager. When the mgr. came by the cashier not to sale to me all my purchases. She did not even apologize. She just said the products needed to be evenly sold to other customers according to HER ORDERS for the store. the mgr. face was not smiling but the cashier was smiling and happy faced.

Is the Store mgr. the CEO, FOUNDER, OR THE OWNER?

If not, she needs to be FIRED. Retrained. or DEMOTED. OR SOMETHING ELSE.

ON Friday 9.30.2011, I purchased Bananas by the cases. I had only 2 cs. Previous shopping times. She Saw me and Said it was OK. TODAY, SHE SOLD only 1 case.

BUT READ THIS CAREFULLY. The POSTED PRICE OF BANANAS I saw at 0.30 cents per lb. THEN at the check out she Ran there to the Cashier and said something to her. My Receipt showed 0.44 cents per lb. I then walked back to check on the POSTED price "the manager (SHE)" HAD ALREADY CHANGED TO 0.44 CENTS IN JUST FEW MINUTES.

SHE STOOD THERE WAITING FOR ME TO GO BACK AND CHECK ON THE "QUICK PRICE CHANGE"

WOW. OUTRAGEOUS...!!!!

I hope your store have CAMERA TO CHECK ON HER. PLEASE DO SO.

I also purchase Avocados. I always bought 40 pieces or More. But TODAY she took back 30 pieces .

she had just pushed a CUSTOMER AWAY. SO SHAMEFULL ON HER.

my daughter works for aldi she can work 12 hour shift and one 15 min break all the staff are rushed of there feet i am afraid to say the customer comes second the profits come first and as for the staff there has to be some law in working so long and not even be allowed a drink of water by the till surley the staffs health is sure to go down hill dehydration etc

You should have taken matters up with an manager because ALDI's treat their employees better than this.Also we only accept aldi's gift certificates, cash, debit, ebt, and on occasion the butterball coupons. You rent a cart and pay for your bags..this is how we keep our prices lower for you...and cashier's do a lot more than sit down and ring groceries....this is a misconception :-)

First of all you don't "rent" your cart, u put in a 25 cent deposit which you get back when you put your cart away (which cuts back on employees needed, which saves YOU money). You do pay for bags and bag your own groceries (yet another cut in overhead, which again saves YOU money).

As far as the cashier is concerned, you get that just about anywhere. Sound like you need to relax.

Go ahead and spend your money somewhere else, that just means we loyal Aldi customers won't have to deal with someone as uptight as you. Get real!

in regards to the person who got mad at aldi's because they don't bag her groceries.. well, when you go to Sam's club do they bag your groceries and do they give you free bags?

i don't think so. some people better get a grip on life. and if she doesn't want to shop at aldi's, that is ok!

more for us other customers. i love aldi's and have been shopping at aldi's for at least 15 years from state to state and have no complaints.

I am trying to convert my best friend. She has 7 kids and spends a minimum of $800 a month on food.

I told her to she needs to check them out cause she can cut her cost in half. As for the *** that complained about renting her cart and having to bag her own stuff....How do you think you get it so cheap? Buy not paying for name brands or bags.

Get a clue. I love you Aldi's and thank God that you exist!

I visited an Aldi store twice just to compare pricing. I will shop tonight for my first time.

I noticed some things are different so when I got home I did my homework! Pulled up the site and learned all about the carts, the bags and did some research on the overall store.

Now I am prepared!!!! And with a debit card too!!

Aldi Grocery Reviews