Evansville, Indiana
4.1K views

I went for the first and last time to Aldi grocery store. I was shocked to find that you have to rent a shopping cart. Pay for Bags and Bag your own groceries.

I Did not see it posted anywhere that they did not take checks. Yet I asked before the cashier finished ringing my purchase as checks is all that I happened to have with me. ( Keep in Mind that the cashiers have a stool to sit on and all they do for you is ring up your purchase.) They said no it was cash or credit only. I said I was sorry but I could not make the purchase as I did not have either with me. The cashier then looked at me and said.... Then you need to get your stuff off my counter!

I was Flabbergasted I just looked at him and told him to have a nice day as I turned and walked out. I Will Not Be Back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aldi Grocery Cashier.

Comments

I was also an employee at Aldi. We have so much responsibility it crazy!

So when u see us sitting and quickly ringing up ur cheap delicious groceries, that is our break time.

I will never complain, company was awesome and opportunity was great. Paying to rent ur cart and bagging ur stuff is a small price to pay for the good prices.

umm first off it says on the door what we take second of all we do not just sit and ring you not only have to check out the customer, you also have to ring by yourself,clean the bathrooms, the spots, do all trash, the bagging counter,the cash registers also throw truck by yourself (by the way its anywhere from 4 to 13 pallets ) oh did i mention that you have two hrs before you open to do that if not all well you have to get it done in between customers and you cant leave till its done i never got out of there on time plus deal with customers like you who dont think to ask before they shop so therefore add putting YOUR stuff away as well. yes he shouldnt have said it like that, but at the same time dont sit there and think all we do is sit on our butts because you are sadly mistaken i wish thats all we did. i promise you if you did what we had to do on a daily basis you would be surprised and you wouldnt be so quick too judge

Svetlana

I would love to hear the Aldi employee's version of this event. Whiners always weave a tale that makes them look like saints.

How do we know that you did not take an offensive tone with the cashier?

And you walked out and just left your groceries on the counter? wow, what an awesome passive aggressive move.

WE WINTER IN NORTH PORT FLA. AND WE NEED AN ALDI'S THE PUBLIX MOVED OUT OF IT'S STORE AND IT IS AVAILABLE.

PERFECT SPOT. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS. I LIVE IN 55 GATED COMMUNITY OF ALMOST 1000 UNITS AND THERE ARE 5 DOWN THE STREET.

EVERYONE THAT COMES TO WINTER HAS ALDI'S BACK HOME.SO I THINK THIS IS A GREAT MOVE. THANKS.

Almost 20 years ago, I went to an Aldi's in a nearby town and was put off by having to put a quarter in the chain to release a cart and having to bag my own groceries. HOWEVER, a few months ago, on a whim, I went to the new Aldi's in my town.

This time I was prepared for the cart and the bagging. My goodess! I have been missing out on so much for so many years! The food is wonderful.

The prices are incredibly low. What was I thinking why back then?

Now I go around saying "I love Aldi's! I love Aldi's!"

#319331

WHO in today's world does not have a debit card associated with their checking account. Good lord the knucklehead above who was offended that it was only cash or credit when checking out must be living in another world.

It is not Aldi's fault that you must be so broke as to not be able to qualify for a debit card. Geeeeeesch.

#319130

At the beginning of the summer my daughter and I went to Aldi in Mesquite and found the store brand of Funyuns and fell in love with them. We have been back several times to get more, but have not found them.

Please let me know when you can bring the back as I need them every week. :cry

I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THE TREATMENT I HAVE FROM THE ALDI EMPLOYEES AT TIMES, THEY HAVE GONE OUT OF THE WAY TO HELP ME AND ALWAYS COURTEOUS.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THE SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE PUDDING, WILL IT BE RETURNED TO THE SHELVE SOON.

PLEASE TELL ME IT WILL. IT WAS SO GOOD.

SOMETHING I COULD ENJOY WITHOUT TOO MANY CARBS. THANKS

I love my Aldi in Garland. I like that you have to put a quarter in to get a cart.

I don't have to worry about carts denting my car. The off brand products are really good. The people are friendly and helpful. The cashiers are very fast.

Wal-Mart you lost a customer!!! :grin

I lived in Germany and loved shopping at Aldi. The cart issue, I would rather put in a quarter or token then have higher prices.

They are saving money by not having to hire a person to bring carts off the lot that lazy people don't want to take back, I think Wal-Mart should follow suit. Aldi employees make a very good wage, but they have a practice of keeping man power down to pass it on to the customer, they earn their money. I can not speak of the rudeness because I loved shopping Aldi.

I am in a state that does not have one and I so miss it. Take the lower prices and the money you save in this day and age and go out with a Smile.

You people are all *** in the head. Get over the fact that you have to "rent" a cart and that you have to bag your own stuff.

That's how and why you can save so much money at Aldi. As far as the rude employees...that may be true, but they have to deal with you rude ***!

Last time (3 years ago) that I bought my groceries at aldis, I had a 20-25 year old male employee, following and making rude explicit gestures toward my 13 year old daughter, I was appauled and requested he leave her and me alone, he stated his hours and told me I should come back when he's off, jokes on him, I've never returned.

I never had rudeness but it is always a hassle in line usually only one cashier-if very lucky two. They wait forever if line ling before deciding bring out second cashier.

Although can't beat prices. As far as "renting" cart I think a great idea!

They don't have stolen carts thus keep prices down (carts cost $150-300 a piece). And carts aren't left all over the parking lot!

In response to Kaya Brown, are you really an employee of Aldi's? If I were your manager we would have a talk.

If you act like you have written I would not be going to ANY Aldi Store. You have no respect for the customers or the company you work for. If everyone stop patronizing Aldi's, I guess you would have to find another job as your place of employment would be gone.

Yes there are rude customers but there are also rude cashiers. I am greatful that in the state I live Michigan, our Aldi cashiers are great.

Please we need you carry black-eye peas and the unfrosted shredded wheat cereal, i bought some black-eye peas at the beggining of the year and they were super excellent.Please stock them. You are doing an excellent job. I love shopping at Aldi

Ihave been shopping @ Aldi's in Titusville Fl since the store open and I love ,some people are just too lazy, also with the carts thats great ,nowhere in the parking lot banging up people's cars.Long live Aldi's

I am a cashier and shift manager for Aldi. I have had the opportunity to travel to other stores for various reasons.

In general, I find a dedicated staff from cashier to manager. Should you have any issue, just please let us know. More often than not concerns can be handled at the cashier level. Otherwise, a manager will be more than willing to make sure the customer is satisfied.

We truly try to do our best! Everyone has a bad day here and there. Our high volume store knows its customers and we truly enjoy you. The only thing I would add is: watch your little ones.

Would you let them climb on your kitchen counters (our bagging shelf) ....lick your windows, put handprints over everything...have a bathroom fiesta?

Think about things you would not allow in your own home. Adults too.

OMG..THIS SAME BLACK LADY IS RUDE TO ME ALL THE TIME...IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS NOW.. I DONT KNOW WHY SHE IS EVEN STILL THERE, WHEN MOST ALL THE OTHER CASHIERS ARE VERY FRIENDLY.

I THINK HER NAME IS "GWEN"...YOU CAN FIND THEIR NAME AT THE TOP OF THE RECEIPT...WHAT IS HER PROBLEM..!!!!!!!!!

SHE IS SLOW, RUDE, NOT HELPFUL WITH THE ITEMS, ACTS LIKE SHE IS ABOUT TO FALL ASLEEP. ACTS LIKE SHE DOES NOT WANT TO BE THERE AT ALL..I AM GOING TO STOP GOING THERE BECAUSE OF HER...WHY IS SHE STILL EMPLOYED THERE..?????????????????????

CAN ANYONE TELL ME....????????

Aldi Grocery Reviews